Tendering and contracts
Queensland's State Procurement Policy has three equally ranked objectives:
- to advance government priorities
- to achieve value for money
- to ensure probity and accountability.
The department's corporate procurement function works collaboratively across the organisation in support of our core business outcomes. The department's key procurement objectives are to:
- advance government objectives and ambitions whilst balancing improved efficiencies across procurement related expenditure
- ensure all procurement activity adheres to the principles of sustainability, diversity and transparency of process
- contribute to the continuity of the department’s organisational objectives through effective integration of strategic procurement planning at corporate and divisional level
- ensure that procurement is undertaken within a governance framework that is efficient, effective and economical, with professionalism, probity and accountability, including the management of contracts
- achieve continuous improvement, by implementing appropriate procurement strategies and the provision of resources to effect change.
Tenders and contracts
We procure a diverse range of goods and services, which are sourced through a variety of methods:
- Public invitation to offer (complex tendering) is managed and publicly advertised using the Queensland Government Marketplace whole-of-government eTender system.
- select tender in accordance with departmental thresholds
- use of existing whole-of-government or interagency common use arrangements.
- the department's preferred supplier arrangement for professional and technical contract services.
Existing or whole-of-government standing offer arrangements
From 1 July 2009 all Queensland Government agencies are required to use the whole-of-government standard supply arrangements which are managed by the Queensland Government Chief Procurement Office (QGCPO). This directive includes - where applicable - the use of any new standing offer arrangements established by QGCPO or other approved lead government agencies.
Current whole-of-government arrangements may be viewed at the Queensland Government Marketplace.
Standard conditions of offer and contract
The Queensland Government terms and conditions are mandated for use by budget-sector agencies but can also be used by government-owned corporations, statutory bodies, approved non-government organisations and other government bodies.
The department's preferred supplier arrangement
The department sources selected professional and technical services through a preferred supplier arrangement (PSA) for the following selected categories:
All enquiries regarding terms and conditions, tenders and preferred supplier arrangements, can be directed to the department.